PROPOSED MOBILITY PROGRAM
With Youth, For Youth: Revival of S.Velelekos Youth Center
Planned period of the mobility: One month or more.
Number of working hours per week: 40 hours
Detailed program of the trainee ship period:
The proposed Activity Plan will be organized as follows:
week 1: Getting to know the local environment and the RO: Assuming specific tasks regarding the project –
Administration tasks regarding the NGO – Getting familiar with the Youth Center- Introduction to Non-Formal Education
as a means of youth empowerment – Preparation for the future projects - Assuming tasks in the Youth Center
week 2: Youth engagement in NGO decision making – Introduction to the Project Arts for Social Development
(Mobility of youth workers) – Getting familiar with the local authorities and external stakeholders – division of tasks
regarding project.management -Youth engagement Strategies: Creating a Youth Recruitment Strategy – acquaintance
with the Greek National Agency – Administration tasks and Preparation for daily activities.
week 3: Business Development: Forming International partnerships - Communication Tools for NGOs- Introduction to
the Erasmus+ framework: Examples of Past Projects- Introduction to Project Management-Introduction to Project
Management Cycle -Introduction to Project Writing under the Erasmus+ Framework- Introduction the EC online tools:
week 4: Project Writing-Establishing a Plan for Future Cooperation- Evaluation of the Internship period.
Example of daily activities
9-10 : Administrative tasks in the office
10-13: Attending informative meeting with the local community
17-19: Workshops, training courses according to the weekly schedule.
The Intern will be occupied Monday to Friday (exceptional cases Saturday/Sunday) a total of 40 hours a week .
The Intern is expected to take active part in every kind of activities organized by YMC.
Every week there will be two days off, in addition to official holidays.
The intern's activities will not replace any kind of paid job.
Knowledge, skills and competences to be acquired by the trainee at the end of the traineeship
Upon completion of the traineeship, we expect the trainee to have successfully worked towards the following:
• Enhance the trainee's entrepreneurial competences, and know-how at an international level.
• Boost her Business Development and Networking skills
• Gain exposure to Project Management, and successfully apply for at least one collaborative EU youth project
after the end of the internship.
• In general we expect the NE to gain confidence in her entrepreneurial abilities, so that she effectively proceeds
with establishing her own small business upon return to her home country.
The hosting organisation commits to monitor on a weekly basis the outcomes of the learning process, ensure availability
of appropriate equipment and support and issue a traineeship Certificate upon completion of the traineeship.
Weekly Evaluation will be taking place using the tools of non-formal education with a weekly report, which will be
mutually signed by both the intern and the Hosting Organisation.
The Intern is expected to contribute 350 Eur/ Week for the duration of the internship.
What one can expect from this Internship Placement?
• Airport pickup and return
• Full accommodation for the duration of the Internship in a private house on the
• Full board with hot lunches
• Experienced Trainers in Project Writing for NGO's
• 1 full day excursion with a certified guide to the Ancient Theater of
• Entrance fee to archaeological sites
• 1 theater show at the Ancient Theater of Epidavros (conditional on the month
of the project)
• 1 SIM card (no credit, no top up)
• Participation in YMC's Youth Center daily activities
• The intern will have the opportunity to assist in YMC's ongoing projects and
events and participate our workshops.
• An intern who participates in the Internship program becomes part of the local
culture and community sharing knowledge of his culture and language with
YMC members and staff. In return the internee can experience life in Greek
culture and community and acquire sharing of knowledge, skill and learn
• CERTIFICATE of attendance after successful completion of the internship.
• Free two day holiday on a Greek island upon completion of the internship.